About Ningiu

Ningiu is the Greenlandic word for grandmother, since I'm part Greenlandic and because handicraft reminds me of my grandmother and mother I find the name appropriate.


torsdag den 18. juni 2009

two in a row coaster tutorial, part 2

For this coaster you’ll need
- five pieces of fabric 5 inch square
- one piece of fabric 4 inch square
Fabric number 5 is the backing fabric, and fabric number 6 is the center fabric.





Press fabric number 1-4 right sides together to make triangles.




Lay the triangles in the four corners on the right side of fabric number 5.











Flip over fabric number 4, so that fabric 1-4 is visible

Pin heavily, stitch and trim. I use pinking shears.




On the wrong side of the stitched and trimmed square, glue or pin fabric number 6 and the square wrong sides together.


Turn and press the square.
Front
Back


Fold the edges and pin them down.


Stitch the edges down, lifting and stitching a bit under the next edge.



Repeat with all four edges, and voila!


If you make a coaster using this tutorial I would love to know.
Thank you.

3 kommentarer:

Angela Nash sagde ...

Wonderful easy to follow tutorial! I will certainly try this out!

Alice sagde ...

I love this coaster, and very good tutorial! I will definitely be trying this soon.

rupr sagde ...

Thanks for great tutorial. I put it on my list of future projects, I really like it.