About Ningiu

Ningiu is the Greenlandic word for grandmother, since I'm part Greenlandic and because handicraft reminds me of my grandmother and mother I find the name appropriate.


lørdag den 12. september 2009

I'll huff and I'll puff...

…And I’ll stuff.
Or the story of how my dinner plate became Billy the Bat.

It started when I wanted to make an owl. I’m not very good at freehand drawing and figured I had to have some sort of shape I could trace around.


My dinner plates fitted just perfect.


Afterwards followed a series of testing and changing of the original shape.
But nothing seemed to work just right

Then the last testing spawned a new idea.

And after another testing, Billy the Bat was born.

I think he is very cute, the next one is gonna have a bit smaller wings, and embroidered teeth instead of felt ones.

But all in all I’m quite pleased with my first pattern development.

I hope you have a great weekend.

2 kommentarer:

Christy Amular sagde ...

What a happy bat! Your pattern is so cute!

Victoria Velting sagde ...

so creative! I love it! plates are great for patterning, I use them a lot, and lampshades too...