About Ningiu

Ningiu is the Greenlandic word for grandmother, since I'm part Greenlandic and because handicraft reminds me of my grandmother and mother I find the name appropriate.


onsdag den 13. maj 2009

juicy squares

I’ve finished the square in square quilt.
And I really love it.
It looks so juicy and delicious, almost edible.


At first I wanted to make it bigger but there wasn’t enough fabric left,
then I decided to just make one more block
so there could be 5 rows vertical and horizontal


It’s 46” square which make it excellent as a baby quilt or a playmat.



The back and binding are from the same fabric line.

Otherwise there haven’t been much sewing around here. Marie is teething, so instead of being here usual happy self, she is crying and whining and just wants to be in her mothers arms. And as cute as that may sound, it’s awfully hard to sew with just one arm :-)

Luckily she’s only missing the next 27 baby teeth…..

Have a good day

Isa

7 kommentarer:

Anonym sagde ...

Your quilt is beautiful! and poor Marie...only 27 teeth to go! You made me laugh today! Thanks!:)

Rachel sagde ...

Poor thing! The quilt is beautiful! I love the colors and patterns!

Donna/Sara from Kindred Crafters sagde ...

Wow! It turned out so great. Poor little baby in pain...and poor little mama, too!

Sara

L. jane E. sagde ...

LOVE this quilt, and juicy is the perfect word to describe it. It make me want to lounge outside in the sun (which is actually non-exsistant at the moment) with a good book and a glass of fresh lemonade.

Anonym sagde ...

Very yummy quilt!!! You have done an amazing job =] And I hope the teething blues are getting better - I remember all too well!!!

Unknown sagde ...

i found you about fransson....
i like it very much
may i can link you at my site ?

greetings from the little house
stella

amy smart sagde ...

I love this quilt. The fabric you used for the back is one of my favorites. Beautiful!