About Ningiu

Ningiu is the Greenlandic word for grandmother, since I'm part Greenlandic and because handicraft reminds me of my grandmother and mother I find the name appropriate.


torsdag den 9. juli 2009

Copycat

Have you ever seen a quilt and known that you had to copy it?
Well I have, many times. But this time it came out of the blue…

I’ve had a bunch of blue Kaffe Fasset prints in my stash for a long time, it was some of the first fabric I bought online (Boy, a lot of water have been running under the bridge since then!) and I had planned to use them for a lady in the lake quilt. But then I saw this quilt, Rita from redpepperquilt made a while ago, and I just loved how the cotton/linen blend made the printed fabric light up. So I decided to make a very similar one.




I never tried to make a quilt with linen, so I was a bit anxious to use it.
It’s not a favourite, but it sure isn’t the last time I use linen.


I made this quilt for my sister and her husband a couple of weeks ago,
but I haven’t gotten around to posting about it before now.

Otherwise sewing and bloggin has been a little slow, I think maybe because of the heat.
And because Marie is teething again (who needs more than two teeth anyway?)
I’m not finished quilting my snippets quilt from the ORBC quilt along,
but I’m getting closer.

Have a nice day
Isa

4 kommentarer:

Unknown sagde ...

wow!
its a lot of art in this quilt, great !!
stella

Angela Nash sagde ...

We all copy Rita! Your blue quilt is just lovely!

Anonym sagde ...

lucky sis!! but why isn't it a favourite of yours?????

Donna/Sara from Kindred Crafters sagde ...

I love the directional design in this quilt, Isa. You made it all your own with the design! It's beautiful!

Sara