About Ningiu

Ningiu is the Greenlandic word for grandmother, since I'm part Greenlandic and because handicraft reminds me of my grandmother and mother I find the name appropriate.


søndag den 19. juli 2009

sunday stash # 10 Australian inspiration

This week I’ve wanted to show and recommend two new acquisitions.
They are all written by some extremely talented ladies from down under.
One of the first quilting books I ever bought was “Material obsession” by Kathy Doughty and Sara Fielke. And they are truly some of the most innovating and inspiring quilters out there.
So of course I had to get their new book and it’s just as great and beautiful as the first.

The other book is Melanie Hurlston’s “Kaleidoscope”. Ever since I made the Peanut elephant softie I’ve fallen in love with the patterns from “Melly and me”. And if you are into making softies there are some really cute ones in this book, the Koala bears somehow slipped their way in the basket, but you can’t really stay mad at them for doing so when they are being so cute
I hope you had a great weekend
Isa

3 kommentarer:

Nicole Follow the White Bunny sagde ...

I recently bought the first 'Material obsession' book and it's great! I'm sure no. 2 is equally awesome.

Jeannette Mariae sagde ...

Hej Isa,

Jeg fandt din blog gennem min gode ven Christy... Du præsterer så mange spændende ting og inspirerer stort.

Glæder mig til at følge dig.

Mange hilsner fra
Jeannette Mariae

Mushyhed sagde ...

I want both those books! I love Material Obsession! Can't wait til these books hits the states.