About Ningiu

Ningiu is the Greenlandic word for grandmother, since I'm part Greenlandic and because handicraft reminds me of my grandmother and mother I find the name appropriate.


onsdag den 22. juli 2009

I'm in love

I finished the one-a-day nine patch quiltalong top, and I love it.
I think it's going to be favorite quilt.
I sashed it with white 1 inch strips, because I wanted the blocks being close together
in this way the colorway idea seems to be more obvious.
I made long strips from the leftover squares,
and Marie was very helpful in arranging them...

I finished the quilt with another 1 inch white border, but I must have erased it,
because I can't seem to find anywhere on the computer or in the camera.
But it looks great, you'll have to take my word for it :-)

I think I'll quilt in a relative simple grid pattern since I really don't want to ruin it, and sometime simple is better.

And I signed up for a bug softie swap Rebecca from Blinking flights is hosting, I've been admiring her bugs for quite some time and she's been kind enough to make the pattern free for download.
I've been signed up with Christy from Sweet tidings, she said she liked polka dots, and when looking at this sunday stash I should be able to find some dots :-)
And I won a giveaway! Nicole had a great giveaway on her blog polkadotbunny, with some lovely vintage embroidery patterns and some floss and fabric to go with it. Nicole makes some really cute embroidery patterns, wich you can find in her etsy shop. She also has a Flickr group where you can see the patterns all stitched up.
I hope your day have been as good as mine.
Isa

5 kommentarer:

Mushyhed sagde ...

I'm in love too. I love this quilt! You did such a great job!

Jeannette Mariae sagde ...

Hvor er det dog smukt, næsten som at se en regnbue ;-)

Pat sagde ...

I like it with the 1" sashing! (and the coloring is gorgeous!)I've just started making 9 patches for the 2nd quilt along - when it comes time, I think I'll use 1" sashing too :-)

Anonym sagde ...

Ahhhh!!! I'm in love too. Must hunt down on your flickr and bookmark.

Anonym sagde ...

What a wonderful quilt! What a wonderful job you did!
Muriël