About Ningiu

Ningiu is the Greenlandic word for grandmother, since I'm part Greenlandic and because handicraft reminds me of my grandmother and mother I find the name appropriate.


onsdag den 15. juli 2009

Summer reruns

It’s done. The ORBC-quilt is done. It took about nine hours to quilt. I’ve never quilted anything that big or quilted anything that heavily, but I love the result. The texture in this quilt is so great, and it’s hard to stop stroking across it with my fingers. It’s also the first time I tried not to prewash the fabric before piecing it, I think it crinkles better when washing afterwards, but I don’t like the feel and smell of the fabric when sewing and quilting it unwashed, so I think I’m going back to prewashing
After finishing the ORBC quilt, the “on the spot” quilt seemed so easy, and it ran through my sewing machine like a knife trough hot butter.


It’s been such a kick to get some UFO’s out of the way, and I think I’m going to try and get some more WIP’s done. So hopefully there will be more reruns throughout the summer.

Have a nice day
Isa




4 kommentarer:

Anonym sagde ...

Looks like you're on a quilting roll!! So getting going on your wip's is a genius idea, you'll have them all quilted up in no time at all!!

Nicole Follow the White Bunny sagde ...

I always prewash all my fabrics, regardless of what is recommended (or not)! Your quilt looks very pretty, makes me want to finish my quilt too!

bellsjo sagde ...

They are both wonderful! I especially love you 'on the spot' quilt.

jannza sagde ...

I just love the ORBC quilt. I was a part of that group too and only just finished mine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22251943@N02/3789347528/

We've had a lot going on this summer but I was determined to complete it. I'm also trying to get a few other projects completed that I'd started some time back.

I really like the quilting you did and may do something like that on the project I do using the remaining 12 blocks I have. Great work!

ps. Found you via Carina's blog and your comment re: what she doesn't like about blogs : )