About Ningiu

Ningiu is the Greenlandic word for grandmother, since I'm part Greenlandic and because handicraft reminds me of my grandmother and mother I find the name appropriate.


lørdag den 6. juni 2009

Damsel in distress

It’s not me who are in distress but this nice little lady, who seems to be missing her hair….
I think its cold to be that bald; I better make her some hair


She’s a gift to my niece for her first birthday; I used the pattern from
Alicia Paulson’s “stitched in time”. It’s the first time I tried to make a rag doll,
it was a lot of fun, and I’m glad I got so many girls in my life
that can be gifted with this type of toy.
I also got to “try out” another book from my birthday.



If you are new at embroidery (like me) I highly recommend the doodle stitching book.
It explains the different type of stitches really well,
and have some great “how to” graphics.



My coaster swap buddy Sara has received my parcel and seems pleased with it.
I’m glad she is, I’m always a bit more nervous
when sending stuff to another craftster,
am I the only one who feels that way?

And to round this week up (…) I finished the on the spot quilt top.

I like the idea a lot, but not so much the execution.
I think I’m gonna try another method for the next circle quilt.

Maybe Anna Maria Horner's super circles.

Have a good day, I’ll be back tomorrow with Sunday stash fabric.

Isa


3 kommentarer:

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge sagde ...

Wow you have been so productive! Love the quilt! I thinks it looks great.

Kelly O. sagde ...

this is incredible!~

Kelly O. sagde ...

I came over from Kindred Crafters...those coasters are INCREDIBLE!! How did you do that? is there a pattern?
Also is that a teapot cozy? or something else?